It is unfortunate that several Arizona taxpayers are unaware that they can help students who struggle financially with their education simply by making donations to schools and other non-profit organizations. In doing so, taxpayers also help themselves because they get reductions in their tax liabilities. And this is all because of the Arizona State Charitable Tax Credit. What is it all about, and how can it help students who are in need? And is it really important for the people of Arizona to learn about the Arizona State Charitable Tax Credit?
To understand better, let us learn some facts about it.
● The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is one of several individual income tax credits that allow Arizona taxpayers to make donations to certified charitable organizations and both public and private schools. This, in turn, earns taxpayers dollar-for-dollar tax benefits.
● In simpler terms, it helps taxpayers reduce their liabilities depending on the amount
donated, with the maximum limit for Qualifying Charitable Organizations being $400 for
single filers and $800 for joint filers.
● Once you donate to a certified charitable organization, you get a receipt for your donation, which you can use to claim your credit. You will need to complete the appropriate tax form for this.
● The most important information about this is that your donations improve Arizona students’ lives by giving them an education, all the while improving your taxes.
Now that we know what the Arizona State Charitable Tax Credit is, it is time to learn how it can help students in poverty.
- By donating to Qualifying Charitable Organizations, you give students in need a chance to complete their education, whether in a private or public school.
- It enables students with special needs to find a suitable learning environment, mostly provided by private schools that are capable of addressing specific learning needs.
Something that they would not be able to achieve otherwise.
- It gives students a chance to participate in school activities, such as field trips, which they would not have been able to afford. Your donations will cover the costs of transportation, meals, and others.
- It allows you to make children’s lives better by sending them to school when they or their families cannot do so.
The Arizona State Charitable Tax Credit is your chance to give back to the people. And you can even choose how your donation is used. When you give to schools and other charities, students take one step closer to achieving their dreams.
So, take advantage of this move by the state and help your fellow Arizonians by investing in their education. You will be able to put a smile on their faces even with a single dollar you donate. And you get deductions in your state tax liabilities, too. It’s a win-win situation for everyone!